Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Jenny!

My best friend has just turned 18 and I can finally give her the gifts I have been working on for the past few months. :) She has recently been redecorating her room so I decided to make her decorative piece to hang on her wall:






Also. Pillows are very expensive. So I made her some of my own designs to incorporate her vintage taste while going along with her chic theme. I created each pillow to match her rooms colors and feel.

 





 



As you can tell. This one is my favorite. :)












A few weeks ago, her family and I went out to dinner and that is when I gave her her first few gifts, which was jewelry. Two necklaces.. One I made and the other she picked out when we were shopping. I got her some bangles that matched the second necklace. Altogether, I really just wanted her to know how important she is to me! I didn't get a photo of them though.. Sorry.
I put the jewelry in an origami box I made out of scrapbook paper using this tutorial.
To rap the pillows, I simply put them in a box and wrapped it with brow wrapping paper. I have never been to big on the printed wrapping paper look, so instead I use regular paper and spice it up. I like the simi-vintage feel it gives. This time I took a piece of wide lace and set it on the edge of the wrapped box. Using stencil paint gave it this effect. I will be posting a tutorial on how to do this soon. Then I manipulated a few pieces of silver ribbon and a sparkly button to make the two bows! I'm quite pleased at how everything turned out. :)



Thanks for listening to me ramble! ;)
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below!

Have a blessed day.

~McCauley

































3 comments:

  1. I really am amazed at your abilities, Cauley. Your stuff looks incredible... and your photography!!! Awesome post, chica.

    ReplyDelete